Digital Fabrication Editor, 10/2013 - present> www.makezine.com/author/annafrance
How to Make (Almost) Anything> Fab Academy at AS22O
- Dean of Students, Fab Academy Global: 01/2012 - present
- Providence Fab Academy Director, AS22O Labs: 07/2011 - 10/2013
- Providence Fab Academy Assistant Instructor, AS22O Labs: 12/2011 - 07/2011
- Diploma in Digital Fabrication: 08/2010
The Fab Academy is a Digital Fabrication Program directed by Neil Gershenfeld of MIT's Center For Bits and Atoms and based on MIT's rapid prototyping course, MAS 863: How to Make (Almost) Anything. The program provides instruction and supervises investigation of mechanisms, applications, and implications of digital fabrication.
Compiled by Anna Kaziunas France
- Bits to Its, Landing Gallery, Rockport, ME - 2013
- Saturnalia, Candita Clayton Gallery, Pawtucket, RI - 2012
- Fab Foundation
- International Fab Lab Association
- Open Source Hardware Association
- Interaction Design Association (IxDA)
- AS22O Labs
- Haystack Mountain School of Crafts
Fab Academy: Worldwide Distributed Campus
How to Make (Almost) Anythinghttp://www.fabacademy.org
Fab Academy at AS22O
- Diploma in Digital Fabrication : 08/2010
- Fab Academy at AS22O Labs - Providence, RI
Indiana University: Bloomington, IN
School of Library and Information Science> www.slis.indiana.edu
- Masters of Information Science : 05/2004
- Concentration : Human-Computer Interaction
Earlham College: Richmond, IN> www.earlham.edu
- Bachelors of Arts : 12/2000
- Double Major : Sociology / Anthropology and Economics
ExNihilo: Providence, RI
Senior User Experience Designer, 09/2008 - 01/2009> www.exnihilo.com
- Adapted existing designs to accommodate changing business goals for the Dell Equallogic website redesign, Citizens Bank knowledge management application and Textron site updates.
One to One Interactive: Charlestown, MA
Information Architect, 12/2007 - 09/2008> www.onetooneglobal.com/
- Defined, created and tested interactive prototypes for web-based applications for McGraw-Hill Construction and Healthy Advice Networks.
Digitas: Boston, MA
Lead Interaction Designer, 05/2007 - 12/2007> www.digitas.com
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams to create detailed experience models, scenarios, flow charts / sitemaps and wireframes that aligned with brand attributes for the following:
- General Motors (Pontiac and OnStar)
- Proctor & Gamble (Gillette, Tide Duracell)
- Sara Lee (Jimmy Dean, Hillshire Farm, Best’s Kosher and Gallo)
- Created detailed assessments of competitor sites using heuristics.
Enlighten: Ann Arbor, MI
Information Architect, 04/2005 - 04/2007> www.enlighten.com
- Defined and designed a broad range of Web-based business solutions including rich internet applications for many clients, including:
- Hunter Douglas
- Jimmy John's Sandwiches
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Techstreet (a division of Thompson)
- Performed user needs analysis, contextual research, business process analysis and structured complex content.
- Synthesized business and user needs into web site designs by creating site hierarchies, defining functional requirements and presenting findings and designs to clients and team members.
- Created detailed functional specifications for use by writers, artists and engineers and ensuring usability throughout the website production process.
Insight Interactive: Philadelphia, PA
Information Architect, 03/2005 - 4/2005> www.insightinteractive.com
- Created wireframes and site maps for pharmaceutical websites as an independent contractor.
- Insight Interactive was acquired by Whittman Hart during my contract.
WAF Fine Art & Illustration: Providence, RI
Webmaster / Interaction Designer, 01/2003 - present> www.williamafrance.com
- Designed and currently maintaining artist's online fine arts portfolio
Bloomington Chamber of Commerce: Bloomington, IN
Volunteer Consultant with the SBDC, 01/2004 - 05/2004> view prototypes / implementation plan / business analysis
- Assessed status of current website with consultant team.
- Developed methods for integrating e-commerce activity into the current business model by making information more accessible to chamber members and the community.
School of Education, Instructional Consulting: Bloomington, IN
Database / Interface Design Consultant, 01/2004 - 05/2004> view initial interface prototype / usability report
- Analyzed the current work system and needs of the ICO.
- Created a user-centered database/web based system to track ICO consultant/client interaction for in-house reporting.
Internal Medicine Associates: Bloomington, IN
Volunteer Consultant with the SBDC 08/2004-12/2004> view report and redesign documentation
- Conducted a socio-technical analysis of the website, prospective and current users.
- Created website redesign with consultant team.
School of Library and Information Science: Bloomington, IN
Systems Analysis Consultant, 08/2003 - 12/2003> download SLIS webmasters handbook [PDF: 139K]
- Conducted an extensive analysis of the work system used by the Webmasters at the School of Library and Information Science with analysis team.
- Developed a knowledge management system to combat the loss of tacit knowledge caused by high turnover rates.
School of Library and Information Science: Bloomington, IN
Computer Consultant, 05/2003 - 05/2004
- Troubleshoot printers, computers and projectors.
- Assist students, staff and faculty with technology.
Variations2: Indiana University Digital Music Library Project
Usability Consultant, 07/2003 - 08/2003> download usability testing findings [PDF; 943K]
- Conducted usability testing for the informational website that gives background information on and explains the interface of Variations2 to new users.
- Team recommendations from the study have been implemented.
Hunter Douglas iMagine Design Center (Enlighten):
- Two W3 Silver Awards
- Finalist - International Design Excellence Awards (IDEA)
- I was the Information Architect on the project and compiled the requirements documentation, designed all application interactions, wrote the functional specifications and worked with the engineers and client to implement the designs.